Residential Puppy Training
Sometimes the stresses and strains of modern day life do not allow you to devote the time you would like to training your new puppy. This is where we can help, by taking your puppy into our behaviourist’s centre for one-to-one boarding and training.
The first sixteen weeks of your puppy’s life is a key window of opportunity for training. If the right behaviours are not learned during this period, this can lead to problems going forward. Behaviour and communication issues with your puppy can cause disruption to family life and will escalate as your puppy grows into an adolescent dog.
Our training, which uses only positive reward-based methods, will encompass the following commands for your puppy:
- Go to bed
- Walking nicely on a lead
- Coming when called
- Equipment advice
- Creating a safe area
Changing Undesirable Behaviour
- Toileting inappropriately
- Toy relevance
- Unwanted behaviours
We can also address any specific training requirements your puppy may have.
How the Training Works
- Our behaviour specialist meets with you to discuss your puppy’s training plan
- The plan is agreed – we will tailor this to your requirements
- You leave your puppy with our behaviour specialist
- Training begins using entirely positive methods
- We give you regular reports, updating on your puppy’s progress
- We can arrange to deliver your puppy back to you at home or you can collect
- On delivery / collection our behaviour specialist undertakes a full training session with you, giving you the chance to observe the results and reinforce training going forward
- We give you an instruction pack detailing how to continue at home
To be agreed.
We will agree a price on application which will be dependent on the aspects of training required and therefore the time to train.